Sunday, January 15, 2012

Time: 30 minutes.

Situation: A quiet room with my eyes closed, half lotus with my hands on my knees.

Experience: I closed my eyes and was instantly aware of my perceptual field vibrating in and out of existence at perhaps 8 frames per second; my concentration was very diffuse so I had trouble really investigating them. I tried to "let go" as much as possible and simply allow vibrations to present at my sense doors without my "trying" to observe them. I got tired quickly, but this was my practice for this session.

Observations: I haven't felt quite myself for the past few days - I think I'm fighting a flu or something. My concentration has been sub par. Its all I can do to sit down and try to meditate. I guess I'll embrace that - I'll sit down and experience my desire not to meditate as thoroughly as possible. I won't cling and I won't reject. The sense-doors vibrate of their own accord - "I" does not perceive.

No comments:

Post a Comment