Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Time: 30 minutes.

Situation: A quiet room with my eyes closed, Burmese-style with my hands on my knees.

Experience: I closed my eyes and was aware of my visual field vibrating at perhaps four to six times per second. I perceived pressure at a point about an inch above the space between my eyes - I observed that sensation as it flickered in and out of existence and changed shape. My bodily awareness was pretty high and very enjoyable and once or twice gave way to an extremely peaceful mental quietude. I dropped into fantasies and stories once or twice, and repeated the above process maybe three or four times before the session was over.

Observations: Its been months since I've meditated on a regular basis, and over a year since I've kept any record of my session-by-session experiences here. Well, friends, I'm back in the saddle again.

No comments:

Post a Comment