Saturday, February 16, 2013

Time: 22 minutes.

Situation: A quiet room with my eyes closed, sitting Burmese-style with my hands on my knees.

Experience: I closed my eyes and was instantly in touch with my visual field vibrating at perhaps ten times per second. I centered my attention on the point between my eyes and about one inch up on my forehead and observed a sensation of pressure build there. The sensation itself was vibrating. I turned my attention to waives of physical pleasure moving throughout my body. The waves themselves were vibrating in and out of existence. I turned my attention to a sense of extreme mental quietude and focus which was itself vibrating. All of these vibrations were at about ten to twelve times a second. There was some "sheet lightening" behind my eyelids and my concentration flagged. I experienced drifting in and out of concentration as I played several stories and tape-loops. Then there was a "jump" as my concentration re-engaged. There was a sense of unity that's hard to explain and a sense of peace. At the moment of the jump I again perceived sensory stimuli vibrating in and out of existence at maybe ten to twelve times per second, but now I realized that I had previously been focusing on when a sense was "there" in the vibration, whereas now I was focusing on when it was "not there". The not-thereness of the vibrations almost had a gravity of their own, and I had the sensation of almost physical falling into that not-thereness of each vibration. I dropped down into sheet-lightening shows once or twice more during this session and the process would repeat back "up" to unity-jump phase.

Observations: N/A.

No comments:

Post a Comment