Sunday, February 17, 2013

Time: 25 minutes.

Situation: A quiet room with my eyes closed, sitting Burmese-style with my hands on my knees.

Experience: I closed my eyes and was instantly in touch with my visual field vibrating at perhaps ten times per second. My concentration was pretty diffuse, and I drifted into stories and tape-loops at various points in the session. There were multiple light shows behind my eyelids, and a lot of emotions came up - fear, shame, loathing. I observed each of them arise in my body and tried to concentrate on observing them flicker in and out of existence just like the rest of the phenomena I experience. Vibrations during this session would slow and speed up at various times, with the slowest being maybe six vibrations per second, and the fastest somewhere more in the neighborhood of fifteen or twenty. The last half of this session was characterized by feeling my body sort of "hanging off of me" like I was meditating inside a sculpture made of living meat. Towards the end of the session, I got into a space that was more emotionally stable and calm with vibrations being very, very fine and fast.

Observations: I've felt like hell emotionally today and have been very spacey. I very much didn't want to meditate but have absolutely zero interest in continuing to feel like this, so I sat my butt down and watched my physical sensations come and go and tried to spot the Three Characteristics in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment