Thursday, September 5, 2013

Time: 45 minutes.

Situation: A quiet room with my eyes closed, sitting in a chair with my hands on my knees.

Experience:  Awareness settled on touch-sense. Touch-sensations arose and passed at a rate of about 6 or 8 per second. Awareness shifted to sight-sense; these sensations were also arising and passing at about the same rate. Concentration and equanimity were high. I reminded myself of what the Three Characteristics are and that if it is observable, it isn't me. I observed sensations arise and pass. I fell into a little story. When I popped out concentration and equanimity were very high. Sensations were arising and passing at more like 12 or 14 times per second. Mind-sensations were objects just like physical sensations. Visual sensations were almost hallucinogenic - lots of swirling, pulsing, colors and shapes. The process of assigning a sense of self to sensations was not very active, but was obvious when it occurred. The physical sensations that usually (immediately) precede "strong" mind-sensations like anger and sadness arose and passed and were clearly just physical sensations. There was some slight body-twisting and other posture issues. Then a story. Then more
sensations. Then more sight-sensations. Then a story. And on and on. A few times in the session there was aversion and there was pain, but its hard to say at what "point" in the session these occurred. Ding ding.

 
Observations: This was one of those sessions where I felt really "submerged" and when it ended it was like coming up for air after diving deep into a body of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment