Friday, September 13, 2013

Time: 45 minutes.

Situation: A quiet room with my eyes closed, sitting in a chair with my hands on my knees.

Experience:  Awareness settled on touch-sense. Touch-sensations arose and passed at a rate of about 8 times per second. Concentration and equanimity were both low. I reminded myself of what the Three Characteristics and to "trace" the process of selfing to the precipitating physical sensation. I observed sensations arise and pass. I fell into a little story. When I popped out concentration and equanimity were moderate. Sensations were arising and passing at more like 12 times per second. There was fear and anxiety. There was physical discomfort. There was aversion. I fell into another story. When I popped-out concentration and equanimity were moderate to high. Mind-sensations were objects just like physical sensations. The process of assigning a sense of self to sensations was occurring and observed as it was. I fell into a story. When I popped-out, concentration and equanimity were high. Sensations arose and passed with incredible speed. Each moment contained data from all sense-doors at once
. I fell into a story again. Then pain and aversion. Then no aversion - pain was just there, nothing more. Then rapid arising and passing. More moments containing all available data
. End of session.
 
Observations:  I've been neglecting this blog lately. Its a dangerous habit to get into. This blog keeps me honest about making sure I meditate. I plan on being more diligent in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment